A personal trainer’s scope of practice: To enhance the components of fitness for the general healthy population.
1) Cardiovascular Endurance (cardiorespiratory): the ability of the heart and lungs to provide oxygen to the body.
2) Muscular Strength: the ability of a muscle to contract one time (1 rep max).
3) Muscular Endurance: the ability of a muscle to contract repeatedly.
4) Flexibility: the range of motion at a joint
5) Body Composition: fat free mass -vs- fat mass as measured by calipers, hydrostatic weighing, DEXA X-ray imaging, Bioelectrical Impedance, and BOD POD.